Today’s construction projects require advisors that know and understand not only relevant construction law, but also the needs and concerns of the modern construction industry. Cors & Bassett’s attorneys are skilled in their ability to maximize client value through a deep knowledge of the modern project life cycle; a knowledge which ranges from the tried-and-true to the cutting edge of integrated project delivery, lean construction practices, and building integrated modeling.
Our attorneys serve suppliers, subcontractors, architects, construction managers, engineers, general contractors, end-users and other stakeholders in all aspects of both public and private projects. Specific areas of construction law include:
- Conceptualization and negotiation of construction contracts on behalf of suppliers, subcontractors, architects, construction managers, engineers, general contractors, end-users.
- Assistance with site identification, project feasibility and acquisition.
- Negotiation and drafting of construction, construction management, architectural, and other professional agreements, including integrated project agreements.
- Counseling regarding project delivery timetables, insurance and bonding issues, environmental and zoning compliance and risk and liability assessment.
- Negotiation and drafting of bid documents.
- Preparation and filing of mechanic’s liens.
- OSHA compliance, union-related matters, wrongful termination, and workers’ compensation disputes.
- Litigation, arbitration, and mediation of all forms of construction disputes, including: bid disputes, payment and change order issues, project delays, design defects, construction defects, and differing site conditions.