The complex and sometimes murky laws and regulations governing employee benefit and executive compensation plans require precise drafting, technical know-how, and a future-oriented approach. We couple our knowledge of the law with an understanding of our clients’ business needs, compensation philosophy, and financial constraints to create effective employee benefit plans.
Services provided include:
- Drafting and assistance with maintenance of tax-qualified retirement plans, including 401(k) and pension plans.
- Negotiation and drafting of executive compensation and incentive plans.
- Drafting employee stock option plans, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), and other equity-based incentive compensation arrangements.
- Counseling regarding benefit plan terminations and the reversion of pension plan assets.
- Identification of employee benefit and executive compensation issues in business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Negotiation and drafting of supplemental retirement and other non-qualified deferred compensation plans, including funding arrangements through insurance plans and trusts.
- Drafting Section 125 employee cafeteria plans.
- Assistance with COBRA health care continuation issues and HIPAA compliance.
- Advising plan sponsors, administrators, and trustees regarding ERISA fiduciary standards and reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Litigation of ERISA disputes.
- Compliance with all federal and state agency reporting requirements (IRS, Department of Labor, SEC, and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation).
- Negotiation and drafting of early retirement and severance agreements.
- Litigation involving multi-employer benefit plans.