Internet & E-Commerce
Our attorneys are adept at counseling clients on the strategic and legal implications of e-commerce initiatives. We have represented a variety of software developers, manufacturers, distributors, telecommunications providers, transportation companies, financial institutions, and other businesses engaged in e-commerce transactions.
Some of the specific services we provide include:
- Counseling regarding legally compliant and effective online selling practices and e-commerce transactions
- Development of intellectual property portfolios, including service marks, trademarks, and licenses.
- Drafting online privacy policies for client websites
- Educating clients about data security and privacy laws and regulations, including the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and HIPAA
- Drafting electronic communications policies
- Guidance regarding the protection of confidential business information, licenses, and trade secrets