Chris received his Juris Doctor from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2005. He graduated Cum Laude from Centre College with a B.A. in History and German in 1999, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He is licensed to practice law in both Ohio and Kentucky.
Chris is a member of the planning committee for the Midwest regional Retail Development & Law Symposium organized by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC). Chris has also served as a speaker for the symposium.
Chris’ practice is focused primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, general business (with an emphasis on emerging companies), corporate governance, corporate finance, and franchise and distribution law issues which include some of the following experience and client representations:
- Proficient in advising clients on all matters of corporate or limited liability company formation, structuring, and succession planning.
- Drafted vendor, customer, and licensing agreements, as well as a variety of other types of contracts and agreements, for clients in multiple industries.
- Represented both buyers and sellers of businesses in the M&A context in a wide-variety of industries, including oil and gas delivery, auto parts manufacturing, telecommunications, engineering and design, and healthcare.
- Represented both buyer and sellers in real estate-based transactions and have represented both landlords and tenants in both commercial and residential contexts with respect to lease negotiation.
- Represented a software and services based business in the negotiation of a preferred investment of over $100,000,000.
- Was a key member of a team of attorneys representing a major satellite telecommunications company in connection with the initial public offering of its stock and in the negotiation of its $586,000,000 credit facility.
- Represented both lenders and borrowers with respect to secured lending transactions, including the drafting and negotiation of all loan and security documents.
- Represented a prominent local venture capital fund to develop both unique and innovative investment structures, allowing for an earlier return on investment and an efficient structure for pooling the voting of minority owners in medium-to-late stage businesses.
- Represented several locally-based franchisors, handling all matters relating to compliance with federal and state-based franchise law.
- Represent franchisees and prospective franchisees of all sizes (from single location family businesses to large developers) in all stages of their businesses.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2005
- Centre College, B.A., History & German, 1999
Bar / Court Admissions
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star | 2012-2015