R. David Weber
201 East Fifth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Dave joined Cors & Bassett as an Associate Attorney in November 2017. His practice focuses on business representation and transactional matters, particularly in the areas of corporate law, business law, real estate, commercial transactions, liquor and hospitality and trademark law.
Dave’s work focuses on assisting businesses and their owners navigate a broad range of issues in the business life cycle from formation to exit. Representative matters include counseling clients on business formation and buy-sell arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, the financing and purchase of real estate and other assets, and leasing. Dave also assists clients in the liquor and hospitality industry with liquor permitting and compliance matters. He also has extensive experience handling a range of construction matters, including AIA and other construction contract negotiation, and is well-versed in federal and state trademark law. Prior to joining Cors & Bassett, Dave developed a diverse practice that included experience with contract disputes, insurance law, personal injury, and tort defense.
Dave is a graduate of Northern Kentucky University’s Salmon P. Chase College of Law, the University of Cincinnati’s Carl H. Lindner College of Business and Elder High School. A native Cincinnatian, Dave resides in Newport, Kentucky with his wife, Emily, and their goldendoodle, Nuxy. Each summer, Dave can be found on the lawn among the parrotheads at the annual Jimmy Buffett concert at Riverbend Music Center. In his free time, Dave enjoys traveling, experiencing Cincinnati’s sports and arts scene (especially the Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bearcats and Broadway in Cincinnati) and spending time with friends and family.
Dave’s experience touches on a broad range of matters, including:
- Ongoing representation of a prominent bar and restaurant ownership group, including successful lease negotiations for a state-of-the art rooftop venue in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Successful negotiation of large sublease of office space for a prominent, fast-growing company based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Sell-side co-counsel for sale of two separate business units for a large, national manufacturer.
- Ongoing representation of real estate developers representing national restaurant chains.
- Ongoing representation of small and mid-sized construction contractors, including contract negotiation, lien matters, and other critical matters throughout the project life cycle.
- Trademark counsel for individuals and small, medium, and large business clients.
- Primary author of successful brief in 2017 Ohio Supreme Court decision limiting negligence claims for misidentification of suspects in criminal matters.
- Primary author of successful amicus brief in 2017 Kentucky Supreme Court in decision expanding subcontractor rights to payment directly from Owners in Kentucky.
- Juris Doctor, cum laude, Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 2013
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Commercial Real Estate, magna cum laude, University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business, 2010
Bar / Court Admissions
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- Ohio Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Association for Corporate Growth