201 East Fifth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
P: (513) 852-8229
Since joining the firm in 1975, Bob has successfully represented clients in complex litigation in federal and state courts and before arbitration panels, particularly in the area of employment law.
Bob has represented employers in administrative proceedings before such agencies as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. He has also counseled management clients in collective bargaining, representation elections, and unfair labor practice proceedings.
Each year from 2004 through 2019, Law and Politics Magazine named Bob as one of “Ohio’s Super Lawyers” in the areas of labor and employment law. For each year from 2011 through 2015, Bob was also named as one of the Top 50 Super Lawyers in the Cincinnati area.
- Multimillion dollar plaintiff’s verdict, including punitive damages and attorney fees, against a Fortune 500 company following a 13-day trial involving a public policy tort.
- Defense verdict following an 8-day trial in favor of an employer in an intentional tort action brought by a former supervisor.
- Defense verdict following an 8-day trial in favor of an employer in an action brought by discharged employee alleging public policy tort and violation of minority shareholder rights.
- Plaintiff’s verdict following an 8-day trial in favor of employer in an action against former employee for misappropriation of trade secrets, business defamation, and tortious interference with customer relations.
- Defense verdict following a 12-day trial in favor of employer in an action by former employee alleging race discrimination.
- Defense verdict following an 11-day trial in favor of employer in an action by former employee alleging a retaliatory discharge for complaining about race discrimination.
- Plaintiff’s verdict following a 7-day trial in favor of manufacturer for over a million dollars, including punitive damages and attorney fees, for breach of contract and conversion against a former distributor.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1973
- Xavier University, A.B., Summa Cum Laude, 1970
Bar / Court Admissions
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Ohio Super Lawyers | 2004-2020
- Top 50 Super Lawyer, Cincinnati | 2011-2015
- Order of the Coif
- Member/University of Cincinnati Law Review (1971 to 1973)
- Harmon, Colston, Goldsmith & Hoadly Prize for Appellate Advocacy
- Law Review Writing Award
- American Bar Foundation Grant for Empirical Research Project
- Sutphin Scholarship