Sue practices in the litigation group at Cors & Bassett, primarily in the labor and employment area. She represents both management and employees in all areas of labor and employment law and has successfully represented clients in state and federal court, in mediation and arbitration, and in proceedings before various federal and state administrative agencies, including the EEOC, OCRC, and DOL.
Sue was voted by attorneys throughout Ohio as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2006 and as an Ohio Super Lawyer in the labor and employment area every year since 2013. She was also selected as one of the Top 50 attorneys in Cincinnati in 2015, one of the Top 25 Women Attorneys in Cincinnati in 2015-2017 and 2019, and one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys in Ohio in 2015 – 2017.
Sue received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where she served as the Publications Editor of the Law Review. She received her Bachelor of Music and Master of Music degrees in flute performance from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, as well as a Master of Education degree from the University of Cincinnati.
Sue regularly counsels her clients on compliance with various employment laws including the ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, ADEA, and their state equivalents, employee discipline and discharge issues, wage and hour issues, attendance and leave issues, non-competition and trade secret issues, and best practices for handling investigations and complaints. Sue also assists her clients in avoiding litigation through policy review and the development of effective rules, policies, procedures, and contracts, and provides onsite training for supervisory personnel.
Sue also has significant experience in conducting outside, independent workplace investigations. Sue’s practice also includes general commercial litigation, including contractual disputes and shareholder disputes.
Sue is a regular speaker on labor and employment issues, including:
- Interviewing and hiring
- Effective supervision
- Attendance and discipline
- Equal Employment Opportunity compliance
- Harassment, discrimination, and retaliation in the workplace
- Non-competition/Non-solicitation/Trade Secrets
- Drug & Alcohol testing
- Understanding the FMLA
“Ohio Gets Tough on Juvenile Crime: An Analysis of Ohio’s 1996 Amendments Concerning the Bindover of Violent Juvenile Offenders to the Adult System and Other Related Legislation.” 66 University of Cincinnati Law Review 207 (1997). Reprinted in: Haley, Keith, and James C. Todd, Ohio Crime and Justice. New Jersey: Primis Custom Publishing, 1998.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D.
- University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, (Magna Cum Laude) Bachelor of Music
- University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, Master of Music
- University of Cincinnati College of Education, Master of Education
Bar / Court Admissions
- United States District Court | Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals | Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Professional Affiliations / Recognitions
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star | 2006
- Ohio Super Lawyer 2013-2019
- Top 25 Women in Cincinnati Super Lawyers | 2015 – 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Top 50 Cincinnati Super Lawyers | 2015
- Top 50 Women Ohio Super Lawyers | 2015 – 2017